PHILOSOPHY OF THE ATHLETIC PROGRAM
It is the goal of Giddings ISD to provide a well-rounded athletic program with opportunities for all students to participate in the sports of their choice.
Our goal is to provide an athletic program that will achieve the following objectives:
- The student-athlete will improve and maintain physical fitness (strength, endurance, agility, neuromuscular coordination, balance, and flexibility).
- The student-athlete will develop an appreciation for athletics and other related activities through participation.
- The student-athlete will develop desirable health knowledge and safety practices.
- The student-athlete will learn the importance of scholastic achievement as a prerequisite to athletic competition.
- The program will develop a value for hard work and the personal qualities of self-control, self-confidence, self-discipline, dedication, leadership, loyalty, good sportsmanship, and respect for themselves and others.
“If you haven’t won the respect of your opponents, you haven’t won anything!”